Saturday, September 18, 2010

Anna's Arrival

Anna arrived at 12:01 on September 18th weighing 8 lbs 4 oz, 21 inches long. We feel extremely blessed and are so in love with our little girl.





I thought I would catch everyone up on Anna's arrival. Yesterday, as posted below, the MD decided to admit me since I was showing signs of pre-eclampsia (high blood pressures, headache, low platelets and swelling). Dr. Pease induced me by breaking my water at 5:30. I immediately started to have contractions. By 7:00 I was already asking for the epidural since the contractions were strong, coming every 2-3 minutes, 4 cm dilated. And let me tell you, the epidural is WONDERFUL! I was rechecked around 9:30 and I was dilated at 6-7. An hour later I notified the nurse because I was feeling quite a bit pressure. I was dilated 9-10, fully effaced - just needed to wait for the MD to start the pushing phase. I started pushing at 11:30 and by 12:01 Anna was here! I can't believe I only labored 6 1/2 hours and pushed 30 minutes - Anna made delivery a breeze, thank goodness!

As for me, my pressures have still been high and platelets are still low today - it will just take time for my hormones to work everything out. They have continued to monitor me but luckily I've had no headache today. I think they are planning to discharge us Sunday night or Monday morning.

Greg & I are absolutely loving parenthood, though it still seems surreal that we're parents now. Anna has been happy and nursing well (almost too well though OUCH! - I'm still trying to get used to it:).

Here are pics below of the past 24hours. We've had lots of family visitors today - Anna you are so loved!!!


Waiting in triage, last baby bump pic

Meeting Anna for the first time

"Okay Mom, I'm ready to eat"

First Family Picture


A little bruised


Anna loves to cuddle with her cousin Elizabeth

Aunt Stephanie and cousin Brent

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is beautiful and we can't wait to meet her! Love, The Murphy Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so delighted! Anxious to see the little darling in person. So happy all went well. Good job Amy and Greg.

    Greg your tribute to Amy was so sweet.

    We LOVE you all so much.

    G and G and GiGi

    ReplyDelete