Saturday, May 8, 2010

20 Week Ultrasound

Last Thursday was my 20 week ultrasound. It turned into a family affair- my Mom, Dad and Greg were all able to make it to the appointment. Unfortunately, Anna was a bit uncooperative and did not put on the best performance. As the tech told us, Anna was in 'sleep mode' pressed against my uterine wall in a breech position. It was difficult to obtain clear pictures since there was not a lot of amniotic fluid surrounding her face. However, it was still an amazing experience to see her and a relief that everything is measuring perfectly and all OKAY! One of the best moments was watching her place her tiny fist of fingers in her mouth - I think it is very soothing for her. I was just happy to know that her heart, brain, kidneys, limbs, etc. are all forming appropriately:) The MD told me she weighed 10oz (the size of a mango) and is measuring 5 days behind my due date however, they will not change my due date unless the measurements are greater than 10 days. I was almost relieved to hear this because I feel like I've been slow to reach the many milestones such as feeling her movements. She is truly a miracle and I was so happy to share this experience with my family:)

Up close profile

20 Week Ultrasound

No comments:

Post a Comment